Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Awaken City Church : 1 year

Along with my usual studio blog, I wanted to periodically add little tidbits and excerpts of what God is doing in my life. He is the center of our universe, and is my biggest inspiration. He is my everything, all the desire and passions that drive my design work. Why not give Him the credit and glory for it?! This is the first of many blogs to come about my faith and personal walk with God. I pray that God works and moves in your life as much as He does in mine. I also pray that God gives me the words and topics to post here that they might impact your life as much as my own.
With that said, let me jump right in...
Awaken City Church is a new church plant that celebrated our first year birthday/anniversary yesterday : January 16th, 2011. I have been attending this church the full time of it's opening, and a little before that as well. We are a church dedicated to seeing the manifestation of God's love and kingdom on our planet. Our simple mission statement sums it up...

"Awaken City Church . . . Awakened hearts loving our city."

  • Encountering the Kingdom of God—not just doctrine. We seek to encounter the reality of God's Kingdom; not just doctrine about the Kingdom.
  • Embracing deep satisfying relationships. As Christ followers we embrace and form deep satisfying relationships because we were created for community.
  • Effectiveness in all we do. Because the Gospel is the most relevant, live-giving message on the planet, we want to be effective in all we do.
  • Excellence in all we do. We pursue excellence in ministry, always trying to rise above mediocrity and the status quo.






  • No comments: