Sunday, March 7, 2010

studio apartment rendering [FAIL]



Jake introduced us to Podium the other day in our visualization class. We were to create a design for a studio loft apartment in a plan he provided for us. We werent supposed to add a second level, but I did anyway. Whats a studio loft apartment without a loft?! We were then to model the space in Sketch-up, texturize it, and render it in podium. For some reason I was doing something wrong, and my images continuously came out dark. The more I stared at my space this way, the less I liked it. Note - I promise I didnt design the space with a purple countertop. That was another fail in the rendering part. It was actually a personally made recycled glass countertop. Apparently Sketchup and Podium didnt like it...New goal: redesign, model, texturize, and render space over the weekend. BIG CHALLENGE! but I was definitely up for it!

No comments: